Posts Tagged Learning
In retrospect, I have already studied English in METEN for 6 months. If I didn’t miss a good career opportunity, I would never determine to spend so much money on this training.
I bought 3 stages of the training, and each of them will take 6 months. Including the free gift (another 6 months), I can study English here for two years.
The first stage took me all the 6 months, actually I can finish it in the fourth month. Because all the courses are very simple, to learn those well, I slowed down the progress of general courses and persisted attending the conversation courses.
Reflecting the learning effect and quality in the past 6 months, I think my listening has improved greatly. At the beginning I couldn’t understand the most of conversation courses, but now I can understand over 95% of them. Just thinking about that, after those conversation courses there still had over 40% I didn’t understand, how sad I was! Now conversation courses have already become my hobby, because I enjoy them, there are many interesting and funny topics, so that I can persist attend them very naturally, without forced.
On the speaking, I think I have made a phase progress. That means that from psychological aspect I’m not shy any more, I’m not afraid to talk to foreigners, sometimes I’d like to have a conversation with them for a long time. When I was speaking, I could organize the context at the same time. All of these make me very happy, let me have more self-confidence.
Apart from those, I completed a very cool task! I learned all the courses in the ELLIS and gained full marks in all of the examinations. After that I copied many useful sentences from the ELLIS to the PPT on my own computer. Click me to download!
But to be honest, in the centre, compared with other senior and M4 students. I still have a long way to go, especially the vocabulary and sentence patterns.
However, I thought about many shortcuts to improve my English, but I never take actions.
All of the shortcuts as follow:
1. Prepare all the words and sentences which I will use in the training center, for example, checking of schedule, greeting, seeking for something, asking for help, reporting the learning effect, playing pool and so on.
2. Imagine a conversation about something interesting, if there is a common topic, it would be better that prepare some short speeches of it and then show them in classes. For example, environment, love stories, job, travel, marriage, politics, food, animals, economics, disasters, news, celebrity, festival, technology and so on. If there is a common conversation, it would be better that imagine the whole process of it, include the greeting at the beginning and the discussion in the end, then when I talk to the foreigners, it will be more fluent.
3. Collect all the new words in the conversation courses, and extend the relevant vocabulary. After that, if someone mentions these topics again, I will have a lot to say about that.
4. Watch some English TV shows, if I still have some free time when I get home. Watch them without Chinese captions, and collect all the new words and useful sentences.
5. Begin to study for the BEC at 7:00 for one hour every day. If I can get the certification, I will be very happy and proud of myself. Then I would have no problem getting a good job.
Therefore, the purpose of this article not only for remembering, but also needs to take actions!
Come on, Rainbow! Speed up! The opportunities always belong to the man who has been prepared.